Car accidents are literally everywhere in Metro Atlanta. We all see the reckless drivers, drunk drivers, tired drivers and worse. How can you keep yourself safe amidst the chaos on Georgia roads? You have to be proactive, not reactive. Your safety and the safety of your loved one just may depend upon it.
Here are 5 ways to reduce your risk of a car accident:
1. LIMIT YOUR DISTRACTIONS: Music, food, cell phones and kids can all be serious distractions. Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents. When you are driving, ONLY focus on the road.
2. UTILIZE HANDS-FREE OPTIONS: Hands-free navigation and mobile phone options are a must. Limit calls to an absolute minimum while driving and only make calls using completely hands-free options.
3. TAKE A DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSE: I know it may sound cliché, but they really can help. These types of courses can update you on new driving laws, dangerous driving trends and better prepare you to deal with reckless drivers.
4. GET YOUR EYES CHECKED: Many drivers assume that having to squint or the inability to see well at night is just par for the course. Driving with poor vision is very dangerous. Have your vision checked by a professional and follow their recommended treatment plan. Be sure to tell them about the driving issues you are having as well.
5. KEEP YOUR VEHICLE WELL MAINTAINED: A poorly maintained vehicle has much more of a chance of breaking down. Tire blow outs, transmission failure and poorly maintained windshield wipers are just a few of the vehicle issues that can lead to serious car accidents.
Contact The Foster Firm for a Complimentary Consultation
404-559-8325 or Visit us online at www.TheFosterFirmWins.com